Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Administrative Stuff: Oh, the important stuff...

You know what, I almost forgot...

...I don't think I've ever formally introduced myself on this blog. Might as well, right?

If you look on the right, you'll see my name, Harold Li. I'm not going to give my life story here (it's not all that interesting or important), so here's the shorthand, interesting, and relevant version. I've been gaming since I was 6 or 7, Game Boy, Famicom, the usual suspects. I'm primarily a console gamer, and have kept up with consoles games (mostly Nintendo stuff). Games to me had always been fun toys or a hobby, until late in high school when I realized that programming could lead me into games.

Five years and a University degree in CS later, I ended up working at a games company called Koei Canada, working initially as a programmer and eventually a designer. On the side I ended up buying a lot of games and played a lot (I always say it's for research, but sometimes it really isn't).

Let's say right now that I'm "in between jobs", so what better way to exercise my design skills with writing stuff about design? OK, maybe making something is better, but, oh well...

...other administrative stuff: It'd be great if I get some feedback on posts and stuff. I'll try to get a quick sample of each column, so I can get some feedback to work with and improve (iterative design process doesn't just end with games!). Also, it would help that I know people are reading, so use the follow button on the right side, thanks. :P

No comments:

Post a Comment